Community grants are awarded in seven core areas of investment.
- Access to Health: Support for programs designed to improve access to health care for the least served who are living in medically underserved areas.
- Clinical-Community Connections: Funding to connect patients & clinics with social and spiritual needs to community resources that will positively impact their health & wellbeing.
- Families of Solutions: Funding to invest in strategies to strengthen families and provide family members opportunities to thrive through their lifetime.
- High-Functioning Integrated Care: Funding to establish integrated and community-centered primary care health homes to address physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of patients & engage in improving community health & wellbeing.
- Community-Church Hubs: Funding to establish community Church Hubs for health/wellbeing of communities by bringing together community programs, primary & behavioral care and social services.
- Cross-Sector Collaboration: Funding to support thriving communities and establish cross-sector collaborations for the health& wellbeing of communities by bringing together community programs, primary & behavioral care and social services.
- Digital Inclusion: Funding to build capacity for broadband internet and telehealth access through enhancing infrastructure, affordability (service and computers), and digital skills training. Broadband access (infrastructure) is one of the Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) and impacts other SDOHs including educational equity and healthcare access—closing the digital divide is key to breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty.