“Serving Humanity to Honor God”
This mission also includes Methodist Healthcare Ministries’ one-half ownership of the Methodist Healthcare System – the largest healthcare system in South Texas. This creates a unique avenue to ensure the Methodist Healthcare System continues to be a benefit to the community by providing quality care to all and charitable care when needed, and it provides revenue to Methodist Healthcare Ministries for its programs.
“To be the leader
for improving wellness
of the least served”
Methodist Healthcare Ministries’ team members defined their own set of core values embraced in the message of “I am the caring servant,” which shapes our relationship with the people we serve and each other. Our values are more than a philosophy at Methodist Healthcare Ministries; it is the compass that guides our behavior and our continuous improvement. It’s how we lead by example.
- Integrity: I am honest and trustworthy. I am accountable for the impact of my actions and my words.
- Making a difference: I am committed to a vision beyond myself. I am mission-focused.
- Teamwork: I am collaborative and an open-communicator. I am innovative in my approach to working with others, and in finding solutions to challenges.
- Compassion: I am respectful, and do not judge others. I have concern for others and a desire to help.
- Spirituality: I am committed to making time for my loved ones, my community and myself. I embrace faith, hope and forgiveness in my daily life.
Commitment to Health Equity
Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. believes that to improve the wellness of the least served and fully live out its mission of “Serving Humanity to Honor God,” it must recognize the inequities inherent in its communities that contribute to poor health outcomes. Health Equity is both the process and goal by which Methodist Healthcare Ministries seeks to carry out that purpose. Health Equity is a framework of thought and action that strives to reduce racial and socio-economic disparities and create fair and just opportunities for every person to reach their full potential for health and life and contribute to that of others.