At Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. our mission, “Serving Humanity to Honor God,” is not just a statement. Team members know that the job they do is going to make a difference in someone’s life. Our team members are given tools and resources to strengthen their performance and have access to training that allows for continued professional development. From the top levels of our leadership to staff who are on the frontlines of our clinics and community centers, there is a commitment to ensure each team member is successful and fulfilled in their positions.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries strives to attract and retain a team of highly qualified professionals. One of the ways we hope to accomplish this is by providing team members with an attractive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. Methodist Healthcare Ministries pays 100 percent of team members’ premiums and 55 percent of dependent premiums on the base medical plan. The Methodist Healthcare Ministries dental plan allows team members to freely choose their dentist, regardless if they are in or out of the Guardian’s DentalGuard Preferred Network. The Methodist Healthcare Ministries vision plan allows team members to receive an annual eye exam for just $10.
- Voluntary Life Insurance. Team members have the option to purchase voluntary life insurance through a payroll deduction. The benefit maximum for team members is $300,000, not to exceed five times one’s annual salary. Team members may increase their benefit amount by two increments ($10,000) without having to complete an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form.
- Flexible Spending Account. Team members have the opportunity to pay for out-of-pocket medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars through a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) while being automatically deducted through your payroll. Team members can save approximately 25 percent of each dollar spent on these expenses when participating in the FSA!
- Employee Assistance Program. All full-time team members, as well as any family members residing in their household, have access to the Methodist Healthcare Ministries Employee Assistance Program offered through Unum. Members can receive confidential counseling and referral services designed to help with any personal, job or family related problems.
- 401(k) Plan and Roth 401(k). Methodist Healthcare Ministries currently makes a matching contribution of 7 percent after one year of service and 9 percent after 10 years. With a 401(k) plan team members can save pre-tax dollars to lower taxable income to take more income home. With a Roth 401(k), contributions are taxed now, earnings grow tax-free, and no taxes are paid when a withdrawal is made (certain conditions apply).
- Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO). Methodist Healthcare Ministries observes nine official holidays. In these instances, Methodist Healthcare Ministries closes all operations for the day. Team members begin accruing paid time off (PTO) upon their date of hire. Team members who have been with the organization for sixty continuous days may use their accrued PTO.
- Health & Wellness Incentive Program. Methodist Healthcare Ministries is committed to the emotional, mental, physical, spiritual and occupational well-being of our team members. The Be Well program encourages a healthy lifestyle for all team members through the availability of an incentive program for health improvement related expenses.
- Education Reimbursement. Methodist Healthcare Ministries offers education reimbursement for completion of courses of study that support both the business plans and future objectives of the organization and meet the individual aspirations of the team member.