The Wesley Health & Wellness Center (WHWC), originally named the Wesley Community Center, has rich and long history of serving San Antonio's South Side community.
1909, a small group of women from Travis Park Methodist Episcopal Church transformed a small house into a thriving community center. Today, that program operates from a 47,000 square foot facility offering services that span the health and wellness spectrum, and the small group of women is now known as the Wesley Auxiliary.
In 2006, Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) purchased the facility and changed its name to better reflect the mission of the WHWC, as it provided a comprehensive scope of services that treated the whole person: body, mind and spirit. In 2008, MHM invested $12 million to expand the WHWC to meet the immense need for medical and dental care and family wellness services.
At present, plans are underway to expand the facility once again to enhance existing programming and to accommodate the need within the community for the programs and services it offers.